I’m often asked for advise on how to handle yourself in a job interview situation. Take a moment to reflect; on what to say if asked;
- Why do you want the job?
- What are your career ambitions?
- What achievements and skills do you think will be useful in this job?
True success in an interview situation however, is largely a matter of mental attitude. Practice the following strategies until they become second nature;
- If you’re really nervous take some deep breaths and try to relax.
- Take your time when answering questions and try to show how your skills and abilities will help you perform the job.
- If you don’t understand a question, don’t be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat it.
- Lie through your teeth. Make sure to cover your mouth with your hand while doing this.